Looking ahead to November, we want to make sure that no one has to risk their health and safety to cast a ballot. Now is the moment to tell Congress to include funds for states to expand their vote-by-mail systems in the next stimulus bill.
Learn more: Read our Vote-by-Mail 101
As military families, we have a powerful voice on this issue. Many of us have been voting by mail for years! We can vouch for the system’s convenience and security.
If you’re looking for a piece of civic action to do today, please join us by calling your Member of Congress!
Call Congress: Sample Vote by Mail Script
- Dial the Congressional Switchboard: (202) 224-3121. If someone answers, ask for your Representative or Senator. Or, you may receive an automated system where you enter your state and zip code to be connected.
- Whether you speak to a person or leave a message, provide your name and voting zip code. It’s best to keep it short and simple. Remember to always be polite!
- Here’s a sample script to help: “Hi, my name is [your name] and I am a voter in [zip code]. I am calling today to urge you to make sure it is safe for all Americans to vote in upcoming elections. Please include funds for states to expand vote-by-mail systems in the next stimulus bill.”
If applicable, add: “I am a military family voter who relies on voting absentee. I know the system is safe, secure and convenient.”
- That’s it! You’ve joined thousands of other voters calling the Capitol to demand improvement in our voting system. Pat yourself on the back and accept our thanks.
- Share this post and encourage friends to join us in this simple piece of activism.