On June 15th at 2 PM, Secure Families Initiative will host a legislative briefing to discuss S5729/A05280 with cosponsors Senator Brad Hoylman and Assemblymember Harvey Epstein.
S5729/A05280 reduces barriers to voting for active duty servicemembers, their families, and voters with disabilities by expanding Electronic Ballot Return to eligible voters in New York. This event will also feature the important voices of several New York voters who currently face barriers at the ballot box to share their experiences and challenges, as well as election security experts.
Scheduled speakers include:
- Senator Brad Hoylman
- Assemblymember Harvey Epstein
- Sarah Streyder, Executive Director, Secure Families Initiative
- Martin Cahill, legislative chair for the New York chapter of the American Council for the Blind
- Lou Ann Blake, Director of Research Programs, National Federation of the Blind
- Jocelyn Bucaro, Former Director of Elections in Denver, Colorado
- Sam Kinch, Cyber Security Expert and retired US Air Force Senior Leader