On June 15th, Secure Families Initiative hosted a legislative briefing to discuss S5729/A05280 with cosponsors Senator Brad Hoylman and Assemblymember Harvey Epstein.
S5729/A05280 reduces barriers to voting for active duty servicemembers, their families, and voters with disabilities by expanding Electronic Ballot Return to eligible voters in New York. This event also featured the important voices of several New York voters who currently face barriers at the ballot box to share their experiences and challenges, as well as election security experts.
- Senator Brad Hoylman
- Assemblymember Harvey Epstein
- Rasheta Bunting, Disability Advocate
- Lou Ann Blake, Director of Research Programs, National Federation of the Blind
- Sarah Streyder, Executive Director, Secure Families Initiative
- Sam Kinch, Cyber Security Expert and retired US Air Force Senior Leader
- Jocelyn Bucaro, Former Director of Elections in Denver, Colorado