For six months, Senator Tommy Tuberville has blocked the Senate confirmation of highly-decorated and qualified military leaders. More than 300 service members, who have all been previously unanimously confirmed, are currently being held hostage by the political whims of a first-term Senator. We are fed up with Tuberville playing politics with the lives of military service members and their families. Take action with us to urge Senator Tuberville to end his promotion protest!
Before the Senate recessed for the summer Secure Families Initiative delivered a petition to Tuberville and Senate Leaders. The response was overwhelming and it is because spouse voices, family voices, OUR VOICES matter on this issue. As the Senate reconvenes this week, we must our voices and speak up now in defense of our military community.
November 2023 Update
We are reaching out to Senators in support of Resolution 444 to urge an expedited end to the Tuberville blockade. Call Senators on the Rules Committee today – swipe for phone numbers, a script and everything you need to take action with us today.
Join with other military families and make your voice heard.
The SFI Tuberville Toolkit includes three action items you can do right now to make a difference.
- Post on Social Media: the toolkit includes sample posts for every platform, including graphics.
- Call Senator Tuberville’s office: we offer a script you can personalize to clearly express why the protest is harmful and unpatriotic.
- Write a Letter to the Editor: step-by-step instructions to submit a letter, including templates to get your letter started.
Click here to view the SFI Tuberville Toolkit and get started. Each action only takes a few minutes of your time – do what you can, when you can. Amplify your impact by sharing this Tuberville Toolkit with friends and encourage them to take action, too. Tag us on social media so we can share your story.
SFI Tuberville Resources
- Petition: Stop Playing Politics with the Military
- Senator Tuberville Promotion Protest FAQs
- Take Action: Tuberville Toolkit
- Tuberville Toolkit Social Media Graphics
- Sarah Streyder on CNN This Morning
- Kate Marsh Lord on The Source with Kaitlan Collins
- These military spouses are fighting one senator’s hold on military promotions, NPR
- ‘Inappropriate and unpatriotic’: Military spouses petition Senate leaders to end Tuberville promotions block, Stars & Stripes
- Military Spouses Deliver Petition Calling for End to Tuberville Blockade on Senior Officer Promotions, Military.com